This is a great opportunity for the right candidates to join the Construction, Maintenance and Facilities Management (CMFM) department within the Place Department of Enfield Council; a department with wide ranging responsibilities for managing a diverse £1bn+ property portfolio, including, offices, commercial, industrial, retail, cultural and leisure.
The newly created posts of Corporate Receptionist will provide a customer focused meet and greet function to staff and visitors at council’s Civic Centre headquarters delivering vital public services ranging from housing, social care, education, economic development, regeneration and many others. The posts will also provide supportive and knowledgeable signposting advice to members of the public that have arrived at the Civic Centre seeking one of the community-based Customer Operations Centres
To succeed in this role, you will have excellent customer services skills, be able to communicate effectively and confidently both verbally and in writing, be IT literate with a good knowledge of MS Office and be able to use your initiative to ensure a great customer experience. Previous experience in a reception role at a large headquarters is desired but not essential as training will be provided.
If this opportunity excites you, we are very keen to hear from you.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing on Monday 27th June 2022 at 23:59pm
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Iona MacKinnon on 0204 526 5336 or email@example.com
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.