Experienced secondary school counsellor required, five days a week, Stratford, East London
We are looking for an experienced counsellor to work full time starting in September 2022. The working day is 8 - 4pm, circa £200 a day (term time only).
You will join a thriving, well-respected counselling service based in a wonderful girls’ secondary school where achievement and well-being are at the centre of everything we do.
The work will include 1:1 counselling sessions, running therapeutic groups, a drop-in service and undertaking assessments. The team also contributes to school assemblies, staff training, student workshops, psycho-educational materials and professionals' meetings and we would expect the new counsellor to support this too.
The successful candidate will need:
- Skills and qualities to build strong therapeutic relationships with young people
- Experience working with secondary school students
- At least two years post-qualification experience
- Professional training or extensive CPD relevant to counselling children and young people
- To be able to work creatively and use creative methods with teenagers who may not respond to traditional talking therapies
- To be friendly and willing, able to take direction and follow policies but also confident to work on their own initiative
Professional indemnity insurance, an up-to-date enhanced DBS certificate and registration with a professional counselling body e.g. BACP, UKCP, NCS are required.
Please note that this is a self-employed position and counsellors are responsible for invoicing the school for their services at the end of each month they work.
For more information visit the school website www.sarahbonnell.com
How to Apply
For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.