To work with Children Looked After (CLA) by Lewisham
- To provide CLA with Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG)
- To creatively engage CLA, supporting individuals to realise their potential whilst improving their employability skills.
- To raise the aspirations and extend the horizons of CLA in Years 10-13, placing them in a position to experience success in the world of work and to make progress on their career journey.
- To support Year 11 CLA with their transition to post 16 courses and support Year 12s and 13s with the move to new education, training and employment positions in line with their aspirations and abilities.
Candidates must hold a minimum of a Level 4 Diploma in Advice and Guidance potentially with a view to undertake a Level 6 qualification in the future
The successful candidate would be expected to engage children and young people looked after by Lewisham in creative interventions aimed at building, shaping and realising their employability skills.
Other key responsibilities would include to:
- Organise and deliver under the Employability Framework a range of activities to support children and young people (CLA).
- Delivering CEIAG sessions to cohorts of young people
- Provide support and mentoring in addressing the needs of children and young people (CLA) who require particular help to overcome barriers to learning, including behaviour.
- Deputise for the Education Business Partnership Manager with regards to meetings at schools, colleges, Pupil Referral Units, Alternative Provision, the Lewisham Medical Programme and special schools.
- Liaise with a range of partners including schools (including Special Educational Needs), employers, voluntary/community sector, charities and local authority officers regarding the provision of work related learning
- Support the Education Business Partnership Manager in the engagement of employers who can offer opportunities to children and young people (CLA).
Location Whilst the service is primarily based in Laurence House, SE6 4RU, we operate a hybrid approach whereby you may be required to work both in the office and from home as determined by service requirements.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a hardworking, enthusiastic person with a pro-active approach to work with:
- The services provided by the Local Authority.
- The 14-19 educational landscape and in particular statutory duty in relation to the delivery of careers guidance by schools.
- Legislation relating to CLA.
- The issues faced by CLA, their families and carers.
- How trauma can act as a barrier to learning and development for CLA.
- Delivering activities or speaking to, a large audience or the confidence to develop these skills.
- Dealing with child protection and safeguarding issues.
- Working in a team setting (In work, college or school).
- Working with children and young people.
- Working effectively with disaffected and vulnerable young people and responding appropriately to their behaviour management needs.
- Undertaking pre placement checks to work experience and vocational placements.
In return, we’ll offer excellent development opportunities, plus a range of benefits that includes a career average pension scheme, flexible working and the opportunity to make a real difference to our local community.
Salary details £32,868 - £34,062 (SO1) per annum
N.B: All appointments will be offered at the minimum spinal column point (SCP) for the grade of the role. The only exception to this will be when matching current salary (up to the maximum of the scale), which is subject to evidential proof.
For an informal discussion, please contact Mrs Simone Woodward – 07384 235507
Lewisham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
We value diversity and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
The post is subject to a DBS.
To apply please click on 'apply for job' at the bottom of the page.
Sunday 26th June 2022, 11:59pm
The Council reserves the right to close adverts early if there is a large response.