FM Security Manager
Permanent, full-time position
Salary MM1 £39, 531- £50, 568
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join the Construction, Maintenance and Facilities Management (CMFM) department within the Place Directorate of Enfield Council; a directorate with wide ranging responsibilities for a £1bn+ portfolio of assets, including commercial, industrial, retail, office, cultural and leisure, plus significant future development and regeneration opportunities.
The newly created post of FM Security Manager will be responsible for all aspects of building security across the Council’s corporate estate, including the Council’s headquarters at The Civic Centre and its various hub offices which together provide modern office accommodation to over 3000 employees. You will be assisted by a team of security officers and will have an annual revenue budget of £800k under your direct control.
To succeed in this role, you will have a professional qualification or degree in Security and / or Risk Management or the equivalent through training and experience (e.g. Police Force, Emergency Services) and be flexible and adept at responding quickly to the changing needs of our critical front-line public services.
In return, a career in local government presents an unrivalled opportunity to make a positive difference for the communities we serve. We also offer membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), 29 days annual leave entitlement increasing to 31 days after five-years continuous service, and extensive learning and development opportunities.
If this opportunity excites you, and you are ready to embrace change and challenge, we are very keen to hear from you.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date - Midnight on 27th June 2022
Interview Date- TBC
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or email@example.com.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact James Smith on 0208 522 9903 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.