Grade 8 £41586-£45576pa plus market supplement of £4k
As a borough, we are currently experiencing the most exciting period of growth in our history, taking huge steps forward in our improvement journey. We are building a Children’s Services to match, by nurturing a culture of achieving excellent outcomes and empowering families to create sustainable solutions for themselves. The development and implementation of our outstanding service, relies on our social work practitioners to be the driving force for innovation and strive to deliver the best possible care, allowing us to take our place as a centre of excellence for social work practice.
We pride ourselves in empowering our staff by providing excellent training and great benefits. Our Social Work Academy equips our workforce with the tools, support and the space to do their best work, by playing a key role in the development of social work professionals at all levels. Havering invests heavily into our workforce, not only offering highly competitive salaries and exceptional benefits, but also our ability to grow people from within and develop already talented professionals is what makes us unique.
We provide systemic care with lasting effects through our Face to Face model of practice – achieving sustainable positive outcomes. Havering’s ethos is embodied by our approach to fitting the system to the family rather than asking the family to fit to the system. This is done by working collaboratively with children and families by having ongoing conversations so they can receive the most effective forms of intervention. With your expertise and motivation to support our children and families. We truly believe that Havering is the ideal place for your social work career.
On joining Havering, you will find our supportive, visible and approachable leadership who are happy to share their skills and experiences to guide you whenever you need it. We are committed to providing a healthy work life balance, whether that be via flexible working or through our corporate health and wellbeing initiatives. The pandemic has been difficult for many of us in many ways, however our leadership have consistently maintained communication with the workforce. We are proud to be a forward-thinking organisation that embraces new ways of working to the benefit of our employees and residents alike.
Why choose Havering?
- Competitive salary of up to £48,790 inclusive of £4,000 market supplement
- Subsidised parking at various council-owned car parks across the borough
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing activities and initiatives
- Training and development opportunities through our very own dedicated Social Care Academy specific to children’s and adult social care
- Access to accredited systemic training
- And much more
You can find out more about working for Havering Children’s Services by visiting www.havering.gov.uk/cypsjobs.
About the Role
- Contribute to the delivery of an effective children’s social care service as part of a social work team, improving outcomes for children and young people.
- Manage caseloads dependent upon experience, grade of post and complexity of cases, utilising specialist knowledge for appropriate interventions, needs and risk assessments, care planning and child protection investigations.
- Carry out high quality assessments, using child-centred, community focused, and multi-agency interventions to bring about positive change through developing effective relationships and to secure the best outcomes for children and young people.
- Ensure children and young people are adequately protected in line with Havering LSCB and departmental policy and procedures and relevant legislation.
- CQSW, Diploma in Social Work, CSS or equivalent.
- Current HCPC registration.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 19th June 2022 however interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
You will be notified if your application has been successful.
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Helpdesk on 01708 432770
Please see Job Profile here.
The London Borough of Havering is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Havering Redeployees.
The London Borough of Havering is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.