The council has embarked on a exciting digital transformation programme and has an ambition to become a digital leader leveraging on the benefits of modern Microsoft technology stacks and cloud based infrastructure, delivering new ways of working across the council to support our citizens, local businesses and staff.
This is an ideal career opportunity to work within a professional, results driven, friendly team delivering the transformation of ICT systems and promoting digital provision of services. The timing of this vacancy opens the opportunity to shape and grow this role as the council moves further into providing digital services to its customers.
We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced Senior Developer Analyst to develop, implement and support ICT applications in order to deliver the Council's digital aspirations.
The successful candidate will form part of our busy and dynamic Applications Support Team, managing existing systems, new initiatives and finding every opportunity to improve services and processes- they will be able to demonstrate:
- Self motivated, positive can do, no challenge too big mind set
- Proactive in improving service, driving efficiency and first class delivery
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective in both working as a team and independently
- Experience of full application life cycle management of line of business applications, database management, data and business analysis, and cloud services including MS365 on cloud based infrastructure
- Provide technical design expertise of ICT solutions to stake holders in the procurement, design and implementation processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively at all levels, within the organisation, and with partners and suppliers
The Council in return offers a generous package with hybrid working, flexi scheme, government pension scheme and 27 days leave, building 31 days per annum with long service.