SEN Teaching Assistant
(Full-Time, fixed term appointment)
September 2022 Start
Scale 2 Point 3 -£16,863-£17,835 Per Annum
The SENCo of a welcoming & supportive Primary School in Beckton, Newham is searching for a SEN Teaching Assistant to support a number of pupils with additional learning needs.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working with pupils on a one to one basis, or in a small group. They will also be confident in their ability to support children who may display challenging behaviours.
- Supporting a few children with Autism & complex needs on a 1:1 basis
- Deliver speech & language, phonics and numeracy interventions
- General classroom assistance
Who are we looking for?
- Strong SEN knowledge & experience
- Able to work with children to find solutions, building their independence and resilience
- Able to work in partnership with colleagues and parents to help pupils overcome challenges
- Able to demonstrate a high standard of English and Mathematics
- Proactive and flexible in meeting different aspects of the role of Teaching Assistant
Closing date: Monday 13th June at 9am
Shortlisting: Monday 13th June
Interviews: Wednesday 15th June
Visit www.gallions.newham.sch.uk for further information about the school.
The schools in the New Vision Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to Apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.