Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the role
With a review of our Local Plan underway, this is a great time to join Hillingdon's Planning Policy Team and contribute to our ambitious plans for the future of the Borough. From managing the impacts of Heathrow, protecting 5,000 hectares of Green Belt or re-imagining Uxbridge Metropolitan town centre, the wide range of planning issues makes Hillingdon an engaging place to further your career in town planning.
This role would suit a graduate with a recognised planning degree or an individual who has gained some post qualification experience in local government or private consultancy and is looking to move on to the next stage in their career. We are seeking someone who will be able to provide support to the Planning Policy Team on a wide range of work areas. The right candidate should have a demonstrable interest in the field of planning policy, excellent communication and co-ordination skills, and a willingness to take the initiative. Candidates with excellent IT skills and experience of using GIS software would be particularly welcomed.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to employment clearances.