Adults Social Worker– x 7 Posts
London Borough of Newham
Location: Newham Dockside E16 2QU
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Scale P01 - P03 £33,909.00 - £41,586.00 plus Market Supplement of £3,000
Closing Date: 29th May 2022
Newham is a diverse borough with a young and vibrant population. There are over 270,190 Adults in the borough, coming from all corners of the world and serves one of the most vibrant and culturally diverse communities in the UK where over 100 different languages are spoken. This makes Newham an exciting and interesting place to work.
Newham Adult Social Care services provides support to adults and carers, who may, because of the effects of ill health or disability, need support to live safely and independently. Our vision is to promote the wellbeing of people in Newham, making the best use of available resources to enable adults to live in the community independently and live safely, free from abuse and neglect. We strive to support our customers to make their own decisions, to feel safe and protected from harm, aspire to good health throughout their lives and make positive choices to maintain and improve their wellbeing.
Our vision is to promote the wellbeing of people in Newham, making the best use of available resources to enable adults to live in the community independently and live safely, free from abuse and neglect. We strive to support people to make their own decisions, to feel safe and protected from harm, aspire to good health throughout their lives and make positive choices to maintain and improve their wellbeing.
This is an exciting period of change as we begin to realign services to work alongside Primary Care Networks across the borough. This provides opportunities for new service improvements, improved pathways for customers and closer partnership working.
There is a strong commitment to supporting professional development, to improve services and outcomes for vulnerable people. As a qualified Social Worker with 2 years post qualified experience we know that you want to make a difference and working at Newham you will be given every support and opportunity to do so.
If you share this vision of excellent Social Work practice, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for social workers who have and want to further develop their skills with case work under the Care Act like Court of Protection, Deprivation of Liberty, Safeguarding, promoting independence and Direct Payments, carrying out joint work with NHS, working with residents and carers in the community and building good links with community agencies in the new neighbourhood structure in the Service (Adults). We are looking for social workers who have good assessment and care planning skills and passionate about delivering results and outcomes. You must have 2 years post-qualified experience with a Social Work qualification and registered with Social Work England.
We are able to offer you the following benefits:
- A competitive starting salary, including an annual £3,000 market supplement payment
- A supportive team working environment with regular supervision
- Access to a wide range of formal and informal CPD activities underpinned by a performance appraisal scheme and career progression pathway.
- An annual appraisal linking your learning and development needs.
- Subsidised leisure passes
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Local Government pension scheme
- Access to smarter working / flexible working
- Latest technology by way of Mobile phones and laptops
Should you require any help or advice with your on-line application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please view Social Worker jd
Please attach a supporting statement and your CV, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role (we will not accept standalone CV’s).
The personal information that you provide to us in this site will be used by London Borough of Newham (as the Data Controller) for the following purposes:
- email you content that you have requested from us
- contact you to deal with a specific query you have raised
- comply with any of our legal and/or regulatory obligations
- process your employment application and share information with the Human Resources department (via the Talent Link system) if you are successful.
- report of the total number of people who apply online to positions advertised
The London Borough of Newham