An opportunity has arisen to join our Fire Safety Regulation department as an Enforcement Support Officer for the Central Regulatory Enforcement Group. In this position you will take lead responsibility for the Enforcement aspects of the Brigade’s responsibilities as a lead enforcer of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Your main duties will include:
• Conduct investigations for the purpose of prosecution into contraventions of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
• Support Fire Safety Regulation staff in the investigation and prosecution processes by providing guidance and direction for investigations and associated matters including evidence gathering, collating officers and other witness statements, hard copy case file preparation, disclosure and identification of responsible persons, or others responsible for contraventions of fire safety legislation.
• Provide and manage technical support and guidance for Senior Fire Safety Officers; and Fire Safety Officers on all aspects of the Brigade’s enforcement activities including content and service of enforcement, alteration and prohibition notices.
The successful candidate will be qualified to a Level 4 Fire Safety Diploma or equivalent or be an experienced investigator for another Enforcing Authority such as HSE, Police Force or Local Authority.
Benefits of working for LFB
• 26 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• Option Absence Scheme
• Flexible working including job share
• Welfare Scheme
• Use of Brigade Medical Adviser/physios
• Season ticket loans
• Equality Support Groups
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Opportunity to access affordable accommodation
Please ensure you give yourself enough time to complete and submit your application. Late or un-submitted applications cannot be accepted.
Please note any correspondence received from us will be via e-mail and sent to the address you provide on your application form.
We value the diversity of our employees and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities across London. The London Fire Commissioner is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals, irrespective of people's age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances. We have guidance in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability.