Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
We are the second largest borough in London, located 14 miles west of the city centre. We operate two well maintained and popular public golf courses. There are also plenty of activities to participate in and places of interest to see, for residents, visitors and people who work in the borough.
About the role
We are looking for a seasonal customer service assistant to work in the golf shops at Haste Hill and Uxbridge,which are located within these beautiful parkland golf courses in Middlesex.
This seasonal post will assist permanent members of staff with the daily operation of the shops, includingdealing with customers and administration of the courses when the business dictates. They will also be requiredto cover staff's annual leave, days off and absence.
They will also be responsible for the administration of online tee bookings, collection of green fee income,promoting the sale of accessories and equipment, including the hire of trolleys, clubs and buggies.
You will ideally have a sound knowledge and a passion for golf; the use of equipment and understanding of golf etiquette within the game.
You will need to be flexible with the hours that you work and must have a willingness to work weekends, bank holidays and evenings as these will be a necessity to the needs of the business.
You will have a satisfactory level of customer service experience as you will be working in a front-line customer service environment to suit the needs of the business.
A valid driving licence is essential to the role as you will be required to travel between the golf courses.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Please contact the Golf Shop Team Leaders if you would like further information regarding this position.