Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
The Hillingdon Young People's Service is a beacon of hope for young people, over the age of sixteen who are in care or care leavers. Each member of the multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary service, carry equal weight in reaching for the stars and believing that our young people can achieve anything they set their minds to. The ethos of: "If it was my child" is not just words for this service. Each member of the service fights as hard for each of our young people as they would for their own children.
We are looking for a Social Worker who aspires for young people to be the best version of themselves to join our Young People's Service who won Silver at the Social Work Team of the Year 2018!
We are looking for Social Workers to join our Leaving Care Team, who have children's rights inscribed in their hearts and children's aspirations focused in their minds. We are looking for experienced, knowledgeable, skilled social workers who want to invest their energy into achieving better outcomes for our children and their families every day.
- You must have a social work qualification
- You must have at least 12 months' postgraduate experience
- You must be able to evidence a commitment to your own development since qualification
- You must be registered with Social Work England
- Previous experience working in a Leaving Care or Young People's Team is desirable
What we offer
How will we help you develop as a social worker?
- You will be surrounded by emotionally intelligent, dedicated social workers and leaders who model a "Children First" ethos. Every conversation you have will enhance your learning.
- You will have regular, reflective supervision and group supervision.
- You will be trained to use risk assessment tools and apply strength-based models of restorative practice to achieve best outcomes for children.
- You will be provided with equipment to assist mobile and flexible working.
- You will receive regular feedback from children and young people about your practice and how it impacts on their lives.
- You will have access to a clear career pathway with opportunity to grow in accordance to your talent and need.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.