Lecturer in Business / FE and HE
Variable hours Bank Contract - Full Time / Part time hours available
Hourly Paid £25.22 - £28.38 teaching rate - Depending on qualifications
Based across the St Albans and Welwyn Garden City Campus
Oaklands College are recruiting for a Lecturer in Business, due to increased enrolment numbers, and an expanding Curriculum, we are looking for engaging and inspiring people to join our Business team.
We are keen to hear from individuals with a diverse range of experience. As well as wanting to hear from qualified teachers who already deliver Level 2, 3 and level 4 Business Courses, we are also interested in hearing from individuals who hold a Level 3 Award in Education and Training and have relevant teaching experience.
The successful candidate would need to have the following experience or knowledge in these key areas;
Economics/Finance for Business
Methods & systems
Marketing and Accounting
What would we like to see? Individuals with a strong commitment to the education of young people! Excellent organisation skills are essential, alongside the ability to motivate and engage with people from a range of backgrounds.
You will join a fantastic team who are committed to creating an inspiring curriculum for our new cohort of students and will take an active role in the curriculum design and lesson planning, ensuring students are ready for their next steps.
Interview date TBC
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.