Lewisham Homes manages 18,000 properties on behalf of Lewisham Council. Our mission is to deliver great housing services for thriving neighbourhoods. However, in order to do this we need residents to play an active part in helping us develop and deliver our services.
We’re now looking for Lewisham Homes residents who are interested in helping to shape and influence the future of our services to join our Resident Scrutiny Committee. No previous experience of being on a committee is needed, you just need to be a Lewisham Homes resident. Training will be provided and you will be supported by an independent mentor.
We will want you to:
• Provide an independent view of Lewisham Homes’ processes and performances.
• Highlight what works well and what needs to improve.
• Ensure that Lewisham Homes achieves the best possible value for money.
• Make evidence-based recommendations for service improvements to the Board.
The Resident Scrutiny Committee carries out up to two reviews each year that involve a number of activities; examining documents, carrying out surveys, mystery shopping, interviewing staff and residents, undertaking estate inspections, shadowing stakeholders and making recommendations on how services could be improved.
No experience is needed, but we are looking for residents with the following qualities:
• Ability to build good relationships and work together to solve problems
• Shares ideas openly and gives constructive feedback
• Listens carefully and reflects the views of Lewisham Homes’ residents accurately
• Committed to achieving outcomes and has a positive attitude
The position is voluntary although you will receive travel costs and other reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
This is a great opportunity to enhance both your personal and professional skills, gain valuable experience to support your career development, and make a difference to the way Lewisham Homes is led.
Timetable and Application
You can apply at any time of the year. Please read the recruitment pack for the full role profile and person specification. Once you’re ready to apply, please submit your CV with a supporting statement telling us why you want to be on the Resident Scrutiny Committee and how you meet the requirements.
If you would like more information, or an informal discussion about the position, please contact our Community Investment Team on 0800 028 2 028, or email email@example.com