Speech, Language and Communication Hub Manager
Permanent, full time
Salary PO2 £38, 883 - £41, 850
The London borough of Enfield has developed an Innovative project to tackle the rising demand of Speech and Language needs within the school population. To tackle this demand, we have developed a holistic programme to support, schools, families and individual children with additional support needs.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to project manage and help set up the business and administrative structure for this new service? We are looking for someone with strong administrative skills, the ability to set up a project from scratch, use their initiative to help make the programme run easily.
We would like you to have Excellent IT and Literacy skills
We would like Applicants to demonstrate that they have:
- A high level of interpersonal skills (initiative – independent working).
- An ability to build effective relationships and engage in partnership working
- An ability to work with educational professionals at different levels to attain positive results.
- A proven track record in developing administrative systems
A proficiency in the use of ICT packages to meet project demands, especially using excel and having advanced skills in Microsoft word, to do such activities as report writing, mail-merge, programme brochures, etc.
- Competent at working in a politically sensitive environment
- Ability to work with a range of professionals across different sectors.
- Can liaise well with families and schools
- Knowledge of special educational needs and additional needs.
- An ability to implement a project from start using an appropriate implementation tool.
- Good organisational skills that can meet conflicting demands to ensure deadlines are met
- A proactive working style that has demonstrated the ability to achieve positive and sustainable change
You will have the opportunity:
- To shape and influence the project
- Be part of an innovative team, working to improve outcomes for children and young people.
- Contribute to the wider SEND agenda and any future Inspections.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59 15th December 2021
Interview Date: TBC
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Cigdem Alkan on 020 8132 0201 or Barbara Thurogood on 0208 132 1523 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.