We have a very exciting opportunity on six month, fixed term contract for a Head of Rehousing & Tenancy Changes in our Customer Services directorate. We are looking for exceptional candidates to join our amazing team!
At Peabody we’re committed to delivering local services that meet the needs of our residents. Our Rehousing Team, along with our partners and external agencies, help ensure that we can make best use of our homes so we can accommodate the needs of a diverse community with varied housing needs.
About the role
We are looking for a Head of Rehousing & Tenancy Changes to lead our rehousing team. In the Rehousing Team we work closely with our residents, responding to the changes that take place in their lives. Through your team, you will help ensure this happens and help our residents and us as an organisation navigate the sector-wide challenges. As the strategic lead for a range of critical services, you will lead and oversee operational delivery; business strategy and planning; projects and service improvement; resource and people management; data and information; and delivery activity for the services in your remit. If you are naturally strategic but with experience and passion for great operational delivery, and you want to make a difference to people’s lives through the work you and your team do, this role is for you.
You will be someone who has:
- A wealth of rehousing and tenancy management experience at a managerial / senior level
- Good working knowledge of housing, tenancy, property legislation, good practice and regulation
- Track record of delivering excellent customer-focused and values-led service
- Experience of comprehensive target setting, performance management, and reporting,
- Substantial experience of providing effective customer focused service in a social housing setting
- Track record of improving services and aligning services to meet to customer need and demand
- Experience of building and managing teams in a rehousing / lettings / allocations environment
- Budget management and delivery of value for money services
- Ability to make difficult judgements and demonstrate fair and consistent decision making, delivered in line with policy, values, and relevant regulatory and legal responsibilities
- Ability to take the initiative, be self-motivated, work flexibly and creatively under pressure and to short deadlines.
- Intermediate level computer literacy in Microsoft packages, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to work out of office hours to attend meetings or participate in emergency duty rota
Video interviews are due to take place on 20 and 21 December 2021.
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.