Catering Assistant at Fox Federation Schools
Required from: As soon as possible or January 2022
Hours and Service terms: 25 to 30 hours per week depending on candidate during school term time only
Salary Scale: Spine point 5 to 10 depending on experience £23,427-25,614
(25 hours Pro Rata starting £14,454 with annual increments up to £15,804)
(30 hours Pro Rata starting £17,345 with annual increments up to £18,964)
Closing Date: Tuesday 30th November 2021
Interview Date: to be confirmed after shortlisting
We are committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups such as people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+ people and people with disabilities.
The Fox Federation is a passionate community of three schools working collaboratively to ensure equal access to consistent, excellent education for all pupils. Our schools are Fox Primary School in Notting Hill, Ashburnham Community School in Chelsea and Avonmore Primary School in Kensington Olympia.
We are currently looking for a dedicated, proactive and highly efficient catering assistant to join our wonderful in house school catering team to assist in the preparation of meals for all our pupils and staff. If you are ambitious and determined to make a difference, we would like to meet you.
What the team say about Fox Federation:
Fantastic schools. Great staff. Supportive leadership team. Amazing children.
A genuine educational family, providing a community beyond our gates. A network of schools, committed to providing the best education for children whilst creating a safe and happy place for them.
It is incredible to be surrounded by so many competent, hard-working, passionate people - so committed to delivering fantastic education opportunities to our pupils.
Management are always available to speak with, unbelievably approachable and create time to listen and come up with solutions.
It is run in an extremely compassionate, supportive and nurturing manner for both staff and pupils, and I really do feel that the wellbeing of the whole community is at the heart of the school's ethos.
A place of supportive colleagues who are constantly striving to improve what we do for our children and families.
A shared vision of always going the extra mile to support and care for the families in our community.
It is somewhere that has nurtured my career, but also a place where I have met friends that I know will be friends for life.
The Fox Federation is an incredible support network of teachers and staff working together to ensure children's education is kept at the highest possible standard.
Main Purpose of the job:
To work as part of the catering team to deliver effective and efficient operation of all activities within the kitchen, including the planning, preparation and cooking of meals within a school.
What else do we offer?
- An experienced catering team with a shared vision working in partnership across the federation.
- Hard-working Senior Leaders who strive to ensure that both pupils and staff enjoy coming to school.
- We are passionate about supporting our staff in their career development and success through care and guidance.
- A working environment that values wellbeing and supports work-life balance.
- Vibrant, multicultural and inclusive city schools that have positive, diverse communities and a determination that all children will succeed.
- A comprehensive range of training for all our staff through the partnership including in-school training and external specialist training.
- Performance management and coaching to support career progression.
- Exceptionally well-behaved children who love to learn.
- An environment where all adults are equally valued and supported.