PASTORAL SUPPORT WORKER
Salary: WA Scale 5 SCP 12 (£22,183) to SCP 17 (£24,491)
Hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm with additional hours
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing date: 22 December 2021
“Education is Success”
An opportunity to work in the only non-private Academy in London that offers both International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes at KS5
Westminster Academy is an Outstanding International Business and Enterprise academy serving a multi-ethnic community in Central London. The Academy has gained national recognition for its work to improve outcomes for students, and its aspirational and inclusive mission and ethos. Our longstanding 1:1 device programme allows WA to thrive as both an onsite and remote learning environment. As a member of the collaborative WA community you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the Academy whilst working alongside an exceptionally talented group of colleagues who are committed to continued professional growth and improvement of the student experience.
Pastoral Support Team
The Pastoral Support Workers assist students’ academic and holistic development. They ensure the Academy’s Behaviour for Learning Policy is adhered to and the appropriate interventions put in place in order to make students feel safe, secure and successful. They provide support to the Year Coordinators with the coordination of all aspects of the development of independent learners within a Year Group (s) in order to lay the foundation for a successful academic career in preparation for the future.
The ideal candidate for this post:
- Will be able to manage behaviour and pastoral related concerns successfully and report to relevant middle leaders
- Contribute to the inclusive ethos of the Academy, supporting the positive image of the school in the local and wider community
- Provide support to the Inclusion team in meeting the welfare and pastoral needs of students
- Share our belief that everyone can benefit from and has an entitlement to high quality educational opportunities
What we offer:
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with structured performance management, and opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility
- A commitment to staff well-being, including access to the local gym, weekly fitness sessions, staff social events, Perkbox membership with associated benefits
- A supportive Senior Leadership Team
How to apply:
For further details and an application form, please click here: Vacancies
Please send your completed application form and confidential declaration to: firstname.lastname@example.org CVs are not acceptable.
We may interview candidates ahead of the closing date so early application is advised. The Academy reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advertising closing date. The advert may be closed at any time.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.