Whitefield School provides high quality education for pupils with a range of SEND including; complex needs, learning difficulties, autistic spectrum condition and communication and interaction difficulties. We are looking to appoint full-time teachers who are enthusiastic, flexible and creative with an interest in, or previous experience in, supporting pupils with SEND.
Located in Walthamstow, Whitefield School is a welcoming and inclusive special school for pupils aged 3-19. Through an engaging, supportive and exciting school experience, we seek to open up the world for all our pupils and give them the skills and knowledge they need to move on to the next stage of their education and lives.
You will be working with a team of knowledgeable and supportive specialist teachers and with excellent facilities. Our Professional Development Services offers excellent potential for continuous professional development and collaborates with the University of East London – you will have the opportunity to gain a Post Graduate Diploma in Special Education whilst working with us. Middle and senior leaders are supported to complete the National Professional Qualification for Middle/Senior Leadership
Whitefield School is part of Whitefield Academy Trust, which is internationally recognised for its expertise in teaching children and young people with a wide range of SEND. The Trust’s schools, situated on two campuses in Waltham Forest in North East London, are ambitious and strive to achieve outstanding outcomes for all of our pupils. Both schools have a long history in their community; Whitefield Schools opened in 1903 and Joseph Clarke School, for pupils with a vision impairment, celebrated its centenary in 2018. We also have a base in a local college where students develop independence and gain vocational qualifications
Whitefield Academy Trust is also the London Borough of Waltham Forest’s chosen provider of Specialist Education Outreach Services and, as such, we work with mainstream schools across the borough helping children and young people with SEND access the full curriculum.
If you are
- an existing mainstream teacher, ready to make a serious commitment to professional development in special education
- an existing special school teacher, looking to deepen and extend your expertise in preparation for a leadership role
- an NQT looking to start your career in one of the UK's leading special schools
We would like to hear from you.
If invited to interview, you will get a chance to visit different parts of the School and we will work to match your skills and aspirations to our needs.
Why join Whitefield School?
Just as we seek to give our pupils an outstanding school experience, we want every member of our team to find being part of Whitefield Academy Trust a rewarding and enjoyable experience. Whatever their role, we are committed to supporting each team member and giving them every opportunity to progress their careers within our Trust.
As such, every member of our team benefits from our:
- Exceptional Continuous Professional Development programme
- Strong focus on staff welfare and wellbeing;
- Engagement forums which allow all team members the chance to be heard on matters relating to the running of the Trust and our schools;
- Excellent employment package including Training and Development, interest free loans for bicycle purchase, Generous Local Government Pension Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
Whitefield Academy Trust is uncompromising in its commitment to safeguarding children and young people.
The Trust is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit, ensuring best practice in our recruitment process is essential to our commitment.
To find out more about the Academy and to download an application form:
Visit www.whitefieldacademytrust.org.uk/jobs or contact the Human Resources Department:
Tel: 020 8531 3426.
- Closing date: 3rd December 2021
- Interview date: 10th December 2021
- Outer London Weighting applies