Senior Education Welfare Officer
Full Time (36 Hours)
Grade PO2, Salary: £38,883 - £41,850
Enfield is looking for an innovative, highly skilled individual to join our Education Welfare Service. As a Senior Education Welfare Officer, you will help lead a multi-disciplinary team working with schools, young people, families and other agencies to identify barriers to good attendance and cause of persistent absence. With experience of working as an Education Welfare Officer or similar role, the success candidate will join a dedicated group of Officers who are responsible for promoting equality of opportunity for all children to enable access to appropriate educational entitlement.
The post holder will work closely with schools and must have a good understanding of the education system, especially in relation to school attendance. You will be required to work with key personnel in schools and other agencies and also carry out home visits where necessary, requiring the ability to travel across the Borough.
The role can be challenging and demanding and requires good supervisory and organisational skills. The ability to work independently as well as part of a team is essential.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Enfield’s Social Care Centre of Excellence confirms our commitment to creating and maintaining an environment for new and existing staff to be the best and deliver high quality social work to our most vulnerable children and young people. It brings our recruitment, professional development and support into the one portal for social care staff to see what we have to offer and how we are supporting them to continue to learn and develop on a professional basis. For more information please visit https://new.enfield.gov.uk/centreofexcellence/about-us/
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Tuesday 7th December 2021
Interviews are due to take place week commencing 20th December 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi 0208 132 1615 or Elizabeth.Anastasi@Enfield.gov.uk
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Sharon Clarke on 0208 132 2713 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.