Salary range: £22,815 - £29,972 pro rata. inc. plus London weighting £4,082 (pro rata)
Contract: 12 months fixed term with potential to extend to another 6 months, depending on securing of funding. There may also be opportunity for additional teaching hours
Hours of work: 18 hours per week
Location: Brent Start Stonebridge Centre and other locations from time to time
The council is pursuing a far-reaching transformation agenda that better meets the needs of our community so it is an exciting time to join us
Are you a team player?
Are you willing to roll up your sleeves for the benefit of learners? Do you go the extra mile when needed? Have you got a good track record for the attendance and achievement of your learners?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to these questions you are the kind of person we are looking for.
In response to the pandemic and as part of the London Recovery Programme led by the GLA, Brent Start will be delivering a 2 year project called ‘Good Work for All’ focusing on upskilling Londoners in Adult Social Care and IT related roles.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and innovative individual on a 12 month fixed term contract with the possibility of increasing to a second year to teach Health and Social Care Entry level to Level 3 qualifications as part of this project. All our classes are for adult learners of mixed levels and ages and we prepare students to gain employment in the Health and Social Care sector or progress to further studies.
This role requires teamwork and a willingness to do what it takes to support Brent Start and the curriculum area in which you will work. You will strengthen the teaching team at Brent Start which will help build a creative, flexible and committed team.
With attendance at team meetings, events and standardisation/audit meetings, initial assessment, completion of course file and ILPs, you will be a committed member of staff that can be relied upon to produce quality and provide learners with an excellent experience.
We are seeking individuals who:
- Are fully qualified teacher with either a PGCE or a Cert Ed as a minimum.
- Have Sector experience and knowledge in Health and Social Care
- Are qualified in Health and Social Care up to Level 3
- Are qualified at Level 2 for English and Maths or above.
- Hold an A1 Assessor qualification (assessing in the work place)
- Have IQA Level 4 Internal Quality Assurer
- Experienced in Google Classroom or other E-Learning platforms
- Experience of using and teaching MS Office
Other key skills
- Experience of working with DWP service users
- Resilient and creative
- Positive in the classroom and have strong classroom management skills
- Empathetic towards learners
- Flexible with teaching styles in order to adapt to each individual’s needs
- A strong team player and have very good interpersonal communication skills
- Good understanding of quality frameworks, ILPs and Internal Verification