Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: 4th January 2022
St Margaret’s CE Primary School is looking to appoint an experienced, highly-motivated and committed Site Manager for our wonderful and spacious school, who can support and enhance our learning environment and oversee the day-to-day management of the school site, taking responsibility for the health and safety and general maintenance of our school to a high standard.
About the role
We are looking for a Site Manager to oversee the cleaning and facilities team. The successful candidate must be able to act on their own initiative and work independently and as part of a team. They must be flexible, approachable, optimistic and able to manage their work within the demands of a busy and challenging school environment. The usual working day is either a split shift (7.00am – 11.30am / 3.00pm – 6.00pm) or a full day (7.00am – 3.30pm) for 37 hours per week.
(You will also be required to attend emergency call outs to the school (rarely), which may be in unsociable hours, e.g. evenings and weekends.)
The successful applicant will:
- Hold the relevant qualifications or comparable experience relevant to the role.
- Have a good working knowledge of buildings maintenance in a range of areas e.g. plumbing, decorating, carpentry, basic electrics etc.
- Be able to undertake regular and daily works in and around the school site including a maintenance/ painting programme during school holidays
- Observe and carry out Health & Safety requirements and comply with procedures relating to Safeguarding, confidentiality & data protection
- Have a thorough knowledge of COSHH procedure and generic risk assessments
- Be able to manage and supervise the cleaning contract and others as part of their regular duties
- Have an appropriate level of English, Maths and ICT skills to enable them to provide and maintain exemplary records and documentation e.g Fire Risk Assessment and Premises checklists
- Carry out regular statutory inspections and testing of services, fire alarm, water management etc
- Keeping the site and grounds to a high standard, ensuring they are clear from litter and graffiti at all times
- Assist with the review of facilities procedures and suggest areas for improvement
- Management of contractors on site
- Be contactable by the main school at all times whilst on duty
- Carry out cleaning duties as required
- Check and refill consumables such as soap and toilet rolls as required
- Be able to contribute to the positive ethos of the school
- Develop and nurture positive relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Be flexible and accommodating to meet the changing needs of the school
Closing date: Monday 6th December
Interview date: Week commencing 13th December
Completed application forms accepted online via the 'Apply' button or by email/post direct to the school address:
Whiteway Lane, Rottingdean, BN2 7HB, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: (01273) 303109
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.