Senior Building Surveyor
Permanent, full-time position
Salary: MM1 £38, 946- £49. 818
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join the Construction, Maintenance and Facilities Management (CMFM) department within the Place Directorate of Enfield Council; a directorate with wide ranging responsibilities for a £1bn+ portfolio of assets, including commercial, industrial, retail, office, cultural and leisure, plus significant future development and regeneration opportunities.
The newly created post of Senior Building Surveyor will be responsible for all aspects of building condition surveying and the forward maintenance plan for a large corporate estate including the Council’s headquarters at The Civic Centre and its various hub offices which together provide modern office accommodation to our 3000 employees. The post will report to, and regularly deputise for, the Lifecycle Manager.
To succeed in this role, you will already be a qualified building surveyor and have significant experience of managing a forward maintenance plan and delivering lifecycle replacement projects ranging from £25k to £500k, be an adept project manager able to deliver often invasive building works without detriment to the critical front-line public services they provide, have a sound understanding of legislation relating to construction health and safety, have sound understanding of public-sector procurement and the Public Contracts Regulations, and with the commercial acumen to manage projects and contracts to deliver Best Value for the public purse.
In return, a career in local government presents an unrivalled opportunity to make a positive difference for the communities we serve. We also offer flexible working, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), 29 days annual leave entitlement increasing to 31 days after five-years continuous service, and extensive learning and development opportunities.
If this opportunity excites you, and you are ready to embrace change and challenge, we are very keen to hear from you.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on 1st December 2021
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal-Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact James Wheeler on 0204 5267112 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.