The BI service’s mission is to use the Council’s data in collaborative and imaginative ways so that insight and intelligence is at the heart of how the Council operates and improves services to residents.
To support this an exciting new BI Academy has been created which aims to develop the next generation of BI analysts. Split into various workstreams members of the Academy will work within a specific area for 6 months before moving onto another area within the BI Service.
There will also be a development programme designed for each member of the Academy to help them develop their analytical skills and gain a deeper understanding of the role of analysis in Local Government. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to develop their career in analysis and will create a solid platform to advance within the Industry.
As part of the new BI Academy the team is recruiting to a number of BI Data Analyst roles who will be delivering analytical products across the Council. Workstreams within the Academy include Children Services, Adult Social Care, Public Health, Corporate – Finance/Workforce and Housing.
Our mission is to be the best council. To do this we need the best people to help build our vision. If you’re looking to develop your career in a fast-paced, professional environment whilst making a difference, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please refer to the Job Description for more information.
- To support and produce analytical and intelligence products against the Borough’s priorities and objectives.
- To design and develop dashboards that enable services to improve data driven decision making
- To support the completion of statutory returns within various services
- To produce reports on complex subjects where the outcome and content is not straight forward
- To deliver creative solutions within areas where predefined roles and procedures are not always available
- To undertake research projects in order to support the Council in further understanding areas of concern.
- To develop a strong understanding of analytical technical and statistical methods including the application of technology for business intelligence
- To use geographical analysis to further understand the needs of our communities.
Contact details for an informal discussion: Duncan Smith, Head of Business Intelligence on 07468 702269 or via email at DUNCAN.SMITH@LBHF.GOV.UK
Closing date: 12 December 2021
Interview date: 15 and 16 December 2021
How to Apply