Do you have the energy and enthusiasm to support the delivery of a strategic, professional, award winning Communications service by establishing and managing a range of processes, proposals and projects that enable the wider communications team to support colleagues in Council service delivery teams to achieve their business objectives – to the benefit residents, raise the Council’s profile and build awareness of our services?
Reporting directly to the Director of Communications and Campaigns, the post holder will be responsible for supporting the delivery of communications projects across the Council. They will support management by monitoring communication functions in a practical and pragmatic way - ensuring there are clear systems in place for evaluating outcomes, managing risk, and delivering on budget.
We seek a self-starter with high degree of initiative, strong organisational, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, to join our communications team.
Key skills required to succeed in this role:
- Experience of overseeing the delivery of multiple projects and managing a mixed and varied workload of conflicting priorities responding effectively to the needs of our customers.
- Excellent oral communications skills and the ability to maintain effective relationships at every level of the organisation.
- Good attention to detail, strong organisational skills, and the ability to operate to tight deadlines in highly pressured environments.
- The ability to respond to unpredictable volume of work, with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives.
- Experience of working as part of a communications team in a complex organisation is desirable.