Suttons Primary School
Tel. No. 01708 443393
Post: Midday Assistant MDA
Pay Range: Scale 1/2
Actual salary: £4,998 - £5,368 p.a.
Hours: 10hr 25mins per week
Commencing: December/January 2022
Purpose of role:
A Midday Assistant (MDA) is part of a team of people who are responsible for pupil supervision during the midday break. The post holder will be supervised on a day-to-day basis by the duty member of the Senior Leadership Team and the MDA Manager.
During the midday break the Midday Assistant will be responsible for ensuring:
- The transition of pupils from class to the dining hall and/or the school playground (or other designated area during wet play) and back to class at the end of lunchtime.
- The supervision and support of pupils whilst they eat.
- The promotion and supervision of positive and active play and pupil relationships.
- Health, safety, security and basic first aid (after relevant training).
- Pupil discipline and behaviour management.
We are looking for a committed and passionate Midday Assistant who strives to give children the best start in life. The successful candidate will be responsible to the MDA Manager and will:
- Have a proven record of and can demonstrate a passion for children’s learning through consistently high quality interactions;
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated and be able to work as part of a team;
- Share a drive and commitment to work in partnership with children, staff, parents and other professionals;
We can offer:
- excellent continuing professional development;
- supportive staff who are receptive to new ideas and initiatives;
- enthusiastic and well behaved learners, where children are happy and safe;
- friendly and dedicated staff, parents and governors;
- strong ICT provision to support and extend learning and assessment;
- a supportive leadership team; and
- a very well resourced school.
For more information please refer to the school website for further details: www.suttonsprimary.co.uk
Please apply online.
Closing Date: Friday 3rd December 2021 - 9am
Short listing Date: Monday 6th December 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 9th December 2021