Earn up to £54855 in your first year as a social worker in Brent.
We are looking for experienced Social Workers to join our newly created Referral and Assessment (short-term) teams and Family Support (long-term) teams. Please note; ASYEs will not be considered in this campaign.
Salary range: £38,709 - £47,355 p.a.
- This includes a £4500 annual retention payment for all frontline workers and managers on grades PO1 to PO7.
- New staff will also receive, a £7500 ‘golden hello’, upon completion of their probationary period.
- Brand new 1 and 2 bed executive apartments in the prestigious Wembley Park development. These flats are available for key workers on a subsidised rental basis and are just a few moments walk from Brent civic centre.
Contract : Permanent
Hours of work: 36 hours per week
Location: Brent Civic Centre and the Willesden Library site.
- Flexible working arrangements are in place and staff will agree a mix of office based and home working with their managers.
- Eligibility: These are London based roles. You must have UK residency and the right to work here.
Come and Grow your Social Work Career in Brent.
With our excellent rewards package, keyworker housing and flexible working arrangements you will enjoy a friendly and supportive work environment that enables you to enjoy a positive work / life balance. Thanks to our reduced caseloads (15 cases in our long term teams) and excellent training opportunities you will be encouraged to develop your skills and grow your career here in Brent.
We are an Ofsted rated “Good” authority with “Outstanding” grading for the service we provide children in care and care leavers.
We are building a superb social work service for our children and families and we would love you to be part of it. Our ambitious career development scheme, well-established practice framework and a number of tailored training programmes are all designed to support your professional growth. Our specialist team structure, reduced caseloads and additional practice consultants will support social workers to deliver reflective and relationship based practice.
Our social work teams are supported by a fully permanent senior management team who are committed to building excellent services.
Brent is a great place to work.
The borough is one of the most culturally diverse in Europe and has great transport links as well as the iconic Wembley stadium. We are part of the impressive regeneration of the Wembley Park site and benefit from the legacy of being the 2020 London Borough of Culture. Brent is a borough on the up!
- Provide an excellent social work service that enables our children and young people to fulfil their potential and achieve positive outcomes.
- Ensure that the voice of the child is always heard and that the views of our young people are at the heart of all of our case planning.
- Create genuine partnerships with parents and carers.
- Work in partnership with other agencies to provide effective and coordinated childcare.
- Are aspirational for children and young people who are in or leaving care.
Our benefits package for staff is one of the most generous in London. We offer:
- For new workers and managers in our frontline teams a £7500 ‘golden hello’.
- Retention payments of £4500 per year for staff in these teams. .
- Brand new 1 and 2-bed executive apartments available on a subsidised rental basis, for permanent social workers. These are on the prestigious Wembley Park site, just a 5-minute walk from the Brent Civic Centre. The apartments provide social workers with wonderful lifestyle opportunities. .
- Manageable caseloads across all teams within a small team model, supported by social work practice consultants who will ensure that reflective practice is embedded.
- A practice framework that informs and supports your professional growth.
- Minimum of 10 days of training per year. Our learning opportunities are designed to enhance direct social work practice using the Signs of Safety model.
- A career progression policy that maps out how you will grow your career in Brent – from ASYE to Team Manager and beyond.
- Probably the best supportive technology amongst London local authorities – through the use of; iPhones and lightweight laptops, video-conferencing enabled meeting rooms, high quality automated services, and much more.
- A modern and vibrant work environment within Wembley Park or our brand new purpose-built office space at Willesden Library. Both sites are close to tube links.
- A culture of flexible working, including working from home, which encourages a positive work / life balance. Home working kits include desks, chairs, wireless keyboards, mouse etc. and when required supported by additional technology and other resources such as Zipcars.
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- A host of other rewards and benefits such as a childcare deposit loan scheme, reduced cost gym membership, cycle to work scheme plus many more.
We look forward to receiving your application.