Social Worker - Assessment & Intervention Team
Permanent, Full time (36 hours) positions
Salary: £35,751 £42,855
We are looking for experienced social workers who are committed to achieve the best for children in Enfield to join our Assessment & Intervention Team.
As an experienced social worker your aim and role will be to assess, support and protect children. You will be required complete assessments, develop plans, prepare reports and attend court to represent the Local Authority.
London Borough of Enfield are committed to the use Signs of Safety and this is incorporated into all work and reports undertaken. As an employee you will be given support and training from our esteemed Centre of Excellence. You will be supported in this challenging role with regular reflective individual and group supervision.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts families at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you. Your role will also include contributing to developing practice within the teams and providing mentoring to colleagues in the wider Children and Families Service. You will need to have skills and experience in assessing and effectively managing child protection cases as well as good skills in analysis and report writing
This position is only open to applicants who have completed their ASYE and who can demonstrate through qualifications and experience that they can help drive Enfield services to outstanding.
Why join Enfield? Here are some of the benefits:
- An immediate £7000 golden hello when you join
- 1 month paid sabbatical for Children’s Social Workers
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office-based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- Investment in your future via:
- training opportunities
- professional development
- career choices
- support to follow a distinct career path
- Regular reflective and qualitative supervision
- Ability to build long term professional relationships
- Future planning & security via inclusion in the pension scheme
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 1 document - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. CV or Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Enfield’s Social Care Centre of Excellence confirms our commitment to creating and maintaining an environment for new and existing staff to be the best and deliver high quality social work to our most vulnerable children and young people. It brings our recruitment, professional development and support into the one portal for social care staff to see what we have to offer and how we are supporting them to continue to learn and develop on a professional basis. For more information please visit https://new.enfield.gov.uk/centreofexcellence/about-us/
Closing and Interview Dates
This post will remain open until it is filled or no longer available. Applications will be reviewed on a first come first served basis. If you are interested, we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible as once a suitable candidate is sourced, the vacancy will be withdrawn.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Anna Lewandowski on 0208 132 1743 or Mary Wheater on 0208 132 2454 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.