• Interested in a career in cyber security and undertaking an apprenticeship course at the same time as getting hands on experience in this field?
• Enthusiastic about working in a Digital and IT team and can you demonstrate good awareness of customer service?
• Someone who enjoys investigating and troubleshooting incidents and problems and do you get satisfaction from understanding the causes and resolutions?
• Eager to become proficient in a greater range of technology and do you like to stay up-to-date with new and emerging technologies?
If so, then our Cyber Security Apprentice role could be perfect for you. You’ll be working with and learning from cyber security specialists whilst studying the Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist apprenticeship programme.
This is a fixed term contract for 24 months.
You’ll develop your understanding of how effective cyber security contributes to the delivery of the digital strategy. You will undertake training to be able to regularly monitor system and user activity to identify actual or potential anomalies or breaches of cyber security or policy.
You will participate in the response to any breach or suspected breach of cyber security, and you will help to resolve cyber security incidents and problems, following procedures and calling on the expertise of colleagues and suppliers as required. You’ll assist with the review and updating of training materials, documentation, processes, policies and procedures relating to cyber security.
As a champion of cyber security, you will provide support, advice and guidance on cyber security throughout the organisation.
Find out more
Please read the role profile for further information about the role and what we’re looking for from candidates.
How to apply
Please apply online outlining what skills, abilities and experience you can bring which makes you an ideal candidate for this role. Please ensure you refer to the requirements outlined in the job profile when completing your application.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient applications have been received. It’s strongly advised that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Working for Hounslow
In return for your skills, we can offer the chance to be part of an inclusive team, within an incredible borough. We offer flexible working, career development and a whole range of generous benefits, including:
• A salary which is equal to the London Living Wage of £20,366.
• 22 days annual leave, plus public and bank holidays.
• Generous, secure, and safe pension in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
We predominantly work remotely with some travel to / within Hounslow when needed. Although it is important that you will be able to travel to Hounslow when required, we do not anticipate that you will need to work in Hounslow five days a week, and we offer flexible working arrangements.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.