Salary - PO1 - £34,884 - £37,722
Permanent - Full Time (36 Hrs)
This role is a great opportunity to join an ambitious team of conservation specialists, urban designers and architects, delivering innovative approaches to the historic environment alongside transformational growth. Through our new Local Plan and Heritage Strategy SPD we are putting communities and local distinctiveness at the heart of placemaking. Come and help us show how conservation can shape this extraordinary and diverse borough for the 21st century.
You will be working with a stimulating and varied historic environment that ranges from scheduled ancient monuments, to grand C18th mansions and associated registered landscapes, the urban and industrial Lea Valley corridor, leafy Edwardian suburbs, Art Deco masterpieces and Mid Century surprises.
We’re are looking for an exceptional candidate to make a positive contribution to our Planning Service that brings together Development Management and Strategic Planning and Design in to one collaborative team.
You will provide proactive conservation and heritage advice on PPAs, pre-applications and planning applications and work with colleagues across the Planning Service, Enfield’s Design Review Panel, developers, agents and communities to help deliver positive outcomes for Enfield. As part of their work the successful candidate will also contribute to developing conservation policies and guidance and heritage projects.
If you are an experienced conservation professional, committed to best practice and driving excellence and can contribute positively to the work and culture of a growing and progressive team, then we want to hear from you.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Thursday 2nd December at 23.59
Interview Date: TBC
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Christine White on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02081322017 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Yewande Ibidunni on 02081321306 or email@example.com