Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
We are seeking dynamic and skilled Social Workers/Senior Social Workers to work within the Hillingdon Community Mental Health service.
We are looking for Social Workers with a real interest in working with residents who have a mental disorder and who want to use strength based approaches to enable people to problem-solve and enhance their own skills to improve their mental well-being.
You will be expected to manage a caseload of residents who require a long-term service such as a placement or support in their home. You will work with residents who are detained under the Mental Health Act, writing social circumstance reports, ensuring that any treatment and services provided are in the best interest of each individual.
Hillingdon Council is an exciting, challenging and rewarding place to offer your services in the Social Work field, especially in a Mental Health context. In one of London's largest boroughs, you'll face a diverse client group and a broad range of issues. You will receive unique levels of both personal and professional on-the-job support and regular supervision to ensure caseload and responsibilities are balanced.
At Hillingdon there are many ways to develop both personally and professionally with a clear pathway for progression which may include leadership development programmes. You'll be given every encouragement to reach your potential.
It is an essential criteria of the role that you are willing to train as an Approved Mental Health Professional.
- Excellent communication skills, orally and in writing.
- Understand Safeguarding Adults and how to Make Safeguarding Personal whilst balancing risk.
- Ability to use research to inform your practice and intervention.
- Ability to work in a team and network with other partner agencies.
The Social Worker profile describes our career pathway and outlines in detail the qualification and experience levels required for this position. To be considered for this position you will need to ensure you meet the criteria set out in the Job Profile and Person Specification below.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses