Consultation and Participation Officer
Salary: PO1 - £34,884 to £37,722 (Pro-Rata)
Permanent - Part Time (21 hrs)
The advertised salary is for full time work, the salary for part time will be calculated on a pro-rata basis the part time salary is £20,349 to £22,004.50.
We are recruiting to a part time post of Participation and Consultation Officer for looked after children and care leavers which will be based in the Looked After Children’s Service at Charles Babbage House in Enfield. The post holder will ensure that the Council is compliant with all statutory duties relating to this work and will coordinate and support our influential and award winning Children in Care Council ‘KRATOS’. Increasing access to a wide range of educational and social activities will be an essential part of the role. We want to make sure that our children and young people have an influential voice in service design and delivery and that we learn from their experiences and views.
The successful applicant will be experienced in working with children and young people and will have a proven track record of using consultation and participation to improve services. The work will be ideally suited to someone able to communicate well with a range of audiences, a strong team player who is also able to work autonomously. An understanding of the needs of looked after children is necessary. The role will involve working up to two evenings each week with very occasional weekend working. The post will be part of the Virtual School for Looked After Children and will benefit from being co-located with the social work teams for looked after children and care leavers, the adoption and fostering services and the multi-agency HEART team. Triangle House provides a friendly and supportive environment and we are excited about this opportunity to embed participation work even further into our practice and thinking.
Please note this role will require the successful candidate to work 3 days a week with Wednesday being a compulsory day of the week. The working hours of this role are to be agreed with the manager as the successful candidate will be working to 7pm on one of the days of the week agreed with a later start time.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: 4th November 2021 at 23:59
Interview Date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Suzanne Rowson on 02081320336 or Suzanne.firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Yewande Ibidunni on 0208 1321306 or email@example.com
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.