What you'll do
We’re looking for an experienced Commercial Manager who wants to make a difference and strives in a challenging fast paced environment. As Optivo’s Commercial Manager you’ll have the fantastic opportunity to be involved in all financial appraisal of new business schemes in accordance with Optivo approved hurdles.
You’ll be involved in assessment and negotiation of build contracts including ERs, specifications, program, cost sum analysis and contractual terms for new bids and secured schemes.
In this exciting new role, you will:
- Work within Optivo approved hurdles, prepare and review scheme financial appraisals for bids, Board approvals and site purchase.
- Update financial appraisal once schemes are acquired for forecasting and budget purposes.
- Use your own experience and information from EAs and Contractors, prepare estimates for new business bids.
- Review and negotiate final cost sums for inclusion in build contracts.
- Negotiate derogations with the agreement of the Director of Construction.
- Make recommendations on the appropriate form of build contract to use.
- Negotiate build contracts with contractors through to completion.
- Demonstrate a commitment to environmentally friendly practices in line with the organisation’s Environmental Sustainability Strategy and relevant legislation
What you'll need
As Optivo’s Commercial Manager you’ll have an in-depth understanding of the development process for residentially led schemes. Along with sound construction knowledge and all aspects of residentially led schemes and the financial appraisal of residentially led schemes.
You’ll be experienced in estimated and actual costs sum analysis, Legal process for build contracts. And have technical, planning, sales, financial and legal aspects of assessing and securing residentially led developments.
This role requires the successful candidate to manage multi discipline (internal and external) teams within budget and program. You’ll have strong negotiation skills and be used to developing effective strategies. Whilst optimising and value engineering schemes.
The role will work with a range of Internal & External stakeholders, so a positive approach to collaborative team working is essential. You’ll live our one team culture.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll enjoy a great salary and benefits package, including 27 days (rising to 30 days) plus bank holidays, and a day off for your birthday. You can also buy and sell leave up to 5 days. We’ve generous pension and life assurance schemes too, plus a cycle to work scheme and travel loans. Add in a healthcare cash plan covering dental, glasses, physiotherapy, vaccinations, 24 hour GP and more, plus various high street discounts, (not to mention flexible working and in house career development opportunities) and we’re sure you’ll agree it’s a sound package. If you’re passionate about what you do and share our ambitions, we look forward to hearing from you.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.
Closing date for applications: 15 November 2021 at midnight
Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams video link and will take place week commencing 22 November 2021
To apply, please visit our website.