Ealing Council has an exciting opportunity for a Gypsy & Traveller Liaison Officer to manage its permanent traveller site and to assist in all matters related to Gypsies and Travellers that fall within the remit of the Local Authority including dealing with unauthorised encampments. As a Gypsy & Traveller Liaison Officer you will be responsible for:
- Delivering a high-quality management service to the Council’s permanent traveller site
- Carrying out regular health & safety inspections to ensure the site is compliant.
- Managing the allocation process for Council Traveller sites from application through to letting and signing up new tenants.
- Dealing with issues arising on site, including non-compliance/breaches of licence.
- Dealing with Repairs and Maintenance
- Mediating disputes and working with residents on a day to day basis.
The successful candidate will be required to work collaboratively, supportively and effectively with other departments and external agencies and have a good knowledge and understanding of the issues faced by the Gypsy and Traveller Community. This is a chance to make a real difference working within the Housing Service to provide effective community liaison with Gypsy and Traveller Communities either resident in Ealing or passing through the borough.
This role is deemed customer facing and as such you must have a command of spoken English which is sufficient to enable you to effectively perform the role. This requirement relates to Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016.
This role is subject to Ealing’s enhanced vetting process
Closing Date: 8 November 2021