Reporting to the Workshop Manager and Senior Technician, the main job function will be to undertake maintenance and repair activities on the council fleet of light and heavy commercial vehicles and plant, to diagnose faults, carry out tests on vehicles and effect permanent and complete repairs.
Other duties within the role will include:
* Completing paperwork and procedures relating to Operator Licence requirements
* Preventative maintenance work to minimise unnecessary customer costs;
* Any other duties reasonably within your capabilities as instructed by their Manager.
The successful candidates will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
* Obtained a City & Guilds or other adequate qualification;
* Experience in the diagnosis, servicing, maintenance and repair of vehicles;
* Organised and methodical approach to problem solving with attention to detail;
* maintained knowledge of work methods and technical data;
* Full and current UK driving licence, an HGV licence is an advantage;
* A friendly, confident and professional manner with excellent communication skills.
* Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a larger team as well as on their own initiative
* Full service, repair and maintenance of all council vehicles and plant, diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical defects on all vehicles, replacing parts as when necessary in line with company and legislative requirements.
*Pre MOT Prep and inspection.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date : 11:59pm 20th October 2021
Interview date : TBA
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Paula Dixon on 0208 132 1044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to know more about the role, please email: Julian.email@example.com or call on on 0208 132 2303 for an informal discussion