Public Health – Finance Apprentice
Closing date: 31st October
Interview’s week commencing 1st November 2021
Contracts start date: December 2021
We are looking for a full time, motivated and energetic Finance Apprentice to work within our busy Public Health Team at the London Borough of Waltham Forest.
This is an exciting opportunity to embark on a challenging and rewarding finance career in a dynamic, fast paced environment. Successful candidates will be supported with a thorough training scheme which will help them acquire the skills and knowledge to enable them to successfully fulfil this finance position within a Public Health environment.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Finance and Contracts Officer as well as with the Public Health team and a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and partners. The successful candidate will be involved in and carry out a varied range of tasks. Some of the key responsibilities for the role will be to:
- Assist with payments (Batching, matching, and processing invoices)
- Assist with raising invoices, POs and GRNs when needed
- Updating the accounts and providing financial reports
- Carrying out regular account reconciliation
- Cooperating with ad hoc admin tasks
- Monitoring the contracts and updating financial transactions
- Communicating and cooperating with Finance Team, Accounts Payable Team, Accounts Receiving Team and Cash Flow Management Team
- Dealing with suppliers’ financial queries
The successful candidates will:
- Have a basic understanding of the importance of the services provided by local authority including the ways in which these services are funded
- Possess the ability to read and understand written procedures and policies
- Have a qualification in Maths and English at Grade A-C / 5-9 GCSE
- Be able to organise and prioritise a challenging and varied workload but know when to approach colleagues for support and guidance
How to Apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.