Paid weeks per year: 47.15 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Fixed term: Until 31st August 2022
Start date: As soon as possible
Mile Oak Primary School is seeking to appoint a highly skilled and passionate Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our exciting school.
Mile Oak Primary School is a large school in Portslade with 456 pupils on roll. We are currently on a rapidly improving school journey where we are supporting each other to drive school improvement. As a school we believe that it is our collective responsibility to ensure that every child thrives and succeeds.
Our children demonstrate excellent behaviours for learning and are consistently challenged by the exciting opportunities, creative curriculum and extensive grounds that we offer. The School would expect you to share and demonstrate our core vision of thinking big and the school values of ambition, courage, pride and respect. We would want the successful candidate to be fully involved in the life of the whole school.
About the role
What we are looking for:
- A practitioner with high expectations of learning and behaviour
- A commitment to improving standards of teaching and learning across the whole school
- A person to play a proactive role in the life and ethos of the whole school
- A commitment to inclusion and safeguarding practices
- A well organised individual with strong interpersonal skills
- A practitioner who can develop excellent relationships with pupils across the school
We can offer you:
- A clear vision for our school
- An excellent range of professional development opportunities, including further training if necessary
- A hard-working, friendly and supportive staff team who are committed that at Mile Oak we ‘think big’
- A positive, exciting and motivated school environment
- Enthusiastic children with a desire to learn
- An engaging outdoor learning environment
Visits to the school are not possible are encouraged. Please contact the School Business Manager via the email address email@example.com to arrange this.
Closing date: Wednesday 20th October
Interview date: Friday 22nd October
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Graham Avenue, Portslade, BN41 2WN, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: (01273) 294881
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.