EnFood Deputy Chef
Salary - SC5 - £24,462 - £27,483
Full Time - Permanent
EnFood is an award-winning sustainable food business including two cafes, catering and pop-up restaurants. We source all our food locally, provide delicious homemade food and drinks to new and regular customers and share information and understanding about sustainable and healthy food.
This new role is a great opportunity to help take EnFood further as we develop new sites, new menus and an events programme. You’ll be the second-in-command of a warm and welcoming team, ensuring that everything runs smoothly and helping to keep our menus and ideas fresh!
We’re looking for someone with accredited catering skills and a passion for making food from fresh local produce and demonstrating how cost effective and delicious a sustainable approach can be.
There’ll be plenty of interaction with customers, too, so we’re looking for someone who cares about ensuring all our customers have a great experience – and learning from them how we can do better.
Role will require evening and weekend working and a certain level of flexibility – but we will aim to work with you to find shifts that work for you. Shift Type Examples: Day time: 8am to 4pm/Evenings: 4pm to 10.30pm
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Friday 22nd October at 23:59
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact EnFood Manager and Head Chef Ben Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07387401680 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Yewande Ibidunni on 0208 1321306 or email@example.com