SEND Science Teacher
MPS + 1 SEN Allowance
We have an exciting new position available!
The Governing Body are looking to appoint an inspirational and self-motivated Science teacher who possesses the skills to also teach Maths. If you are a dynamic, committed, and inspirational Science teacher who wants to make a difference to the lives and outcomes of Woodlane pupils we welcome your application.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an inspirational teacher passionate about raising school standards and achievements for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities in Science and Maths.
- Have knowledge and experience of the National Curriculum in Science, (and related STEM subjects) at KS3 & KS4 and is able to teach Science to GCSE
- Be keen to gain the knowledge and skills needed to teach Maths at KS3 & KS4 to GCSE level.
- Be dedicated to raising achievement in Science and Maths, ensuring outstanding progress and outcomes.
- Have a track record of making a difference to pupil progress and outcomes in a variety of subjects and
- Be an outstanding classroom
- Have knowledge of the National Curriculum and how to differentiate for SEND
- Have a strong commitment to extra-curricular
- Be able to support Woodlane's Dyslexia Friendly approach to raise the literacy standards of our pupils.
- Be able to use SLCN strategies to support teaching and
- Be keen to share best practice with others through INSET/Outreach.
- Be someone who is highly
- Be someone who is highly
- Need strong health and safety awareness, including experience of
- Be someone who puts safeguarding and child protection at the centre of
Please see personal specification for full details
The position will include:
- The teaching of Science at KS3 and KS4
- The teaching of Maths at KS3 and KS4
- The teaching of a range of subjects, including those associated with
- The teaching of a variety of targeted interventions in various
- The delivery of extra-curricular
- Putting into practice current health and safety measures to ensure pupils are safe in Science e.g. COSHH etc. keeping the necessary records and
- Devising EHCPs and hosting Annual Review
Please see the job description for full details.
Woodlane High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Staff and governors are committed to the safeguarding and child protection of our children. An enhanced DBS disclosure will therefore be required for successful candidates. We will also require verified references, photographic identification and any necessary overseas eligibility to work in the UK.
Closing date: Tuesday 19th October 2021 – 09.00am
Shortlisting date: Tuesday 19th October 2021
Interview date: Friday 22nd October 2021
Position to start January 2022 or sooner if possible