Future Newham Senior Business Analyst
£52,722 - £64,422 per annum
Newham is a vibrant, diverse and aspirational place, one of the youngest boroughs in London. We have set a radical new vision to increase the wealth of the local community, creating a future where Newham is recognised as a place of health, wellbeing and happiness. To deliver our vision, we are changing how we work.
You’ll be joining at a critical time for Newham, gaining the opportunity to shape how the organisation approaches change; helping us to shape the Future Newham programme and work in a more agile and people focussed way. The Future Newham Programme is an ambitious change programme that will transform Newham into an organisation that is capable of delivering the vision, mission and outcomes of our Towards a Better Newham Strategy and Corporate Delivery Plan. The programme is being designed to enable the council to:
- Fundamentally transform our culture and operating model, ensuring we universally adopt the flexibility, agility and innovation that characterised our response to the COVID-19 crisis across the entirety of the organisation;
- Review and unlock the wide-range of assets that the Council holds for the benefit of our residents, communities and businesses;
- Ensure that our use of our assets is fundamentally commercially sound, and delivers the best possible return on investment for Newham’s residents and the organisation;
- Maximise the transformation use of digital and data focused solutions to ensure that Newham is at the cutting edge of innovation and creativity in a world that is becoming increasingly digital and data driven.
About the Role
We are currently looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join us, will work with colleagues and stakeholders to investigate and model business functions, processes, information flows and data structures, using a range of business analysis techniques.
This role will be responsible for leading the business analysis activities within the programme encouraging innovation and supporting change, ensuring the delivery of the programme plan in line with the Council’s objectives and targets. This role will also involve complex negotiation with senior leadership and managers at both an operational and strategy level and an ability to communicate complicated programme information in a manner that is easily understood by leadership, staff and residents.
We are keen to hear from candidates with experience of successfully leading business analysis projects and service reviews in complex public sector environments and supporting the delivery of sustainable transformational change. Previous experience of having delivered cultural change projects or programmes will be a bonus.
With a key focus on business analysis and service design, you will have a proven track record in creating strategies, services and processes that improve outcomes and deliver efficiencies. We are looking for a team member who is:
- Driven to improve public services, and who has a real passion for delivering change at pace in a dynamic environment.
- Able to work with and produce reports for senior stakeholders
- A great self-starter and highly motivated
- Quick to digest and understand complex information
- Keen to listen to and understand diverse voices and perspectives
- Committed to working in a respectful and tolerant way
About Our Offer
- Flexible working arrangements; we are majority working from home
- Smarter Working with new modern technology
- Our HEART values and a positive, nurturing and collaborative work environment
- Excellent transport links to the rest of the capital
- Permanent and stable (80% permanent) senior leadership with a consistent vision
- Wellbeing service, leisure and discount benefits
How to Apply
To apply please submit your CV and a supporting statement through our recruitment portal. The supporting statement should demonstrate how you meet the relevant requirements listed in the person specification in the job description. It should not exceed 2 sides of A4.
For more information about the skills we are looking for view the Job Description & Person Specification. If you would like an informal conversation about the role(s) please contact Nohaila Alavi on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 1st November 2021
Please view Future Newham Senior Business Analyst Job Description
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be gu