Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
You will be working with our dedicated staff at Charville Lane, our Registered Children's Home in Hayes.
Charville Lane is a spacious 13-bedroom house standing in its own grounds in Hillingdon. The accommodation comprises of 13 bedrooms for young people and 3 for staff. Charville Lane provides a home for 13 young people aged 12-17 years. The home provides a warm, caring and homely environment in which our young people are able to develop independent skills and achieve in education.
In this rewarding role you will be responsible for ensuring a high level of care and support for young people. You will be responsible for helping residential staff to assist young people and monitor the unit throughout the day. This role will require you to supervise young people and make recordings, support them to attend education and appointments as well as writing reports and attending meetings. You will also be required to carry out some domestic duties within the unit. You will work alongside the residential care workers to promote best practice and safeguard vulnerable young people.
You will have previous experience in residential care and have demonstrable life and / or work experience of vulnerable children with challenging behaviour or complex physical and emotional needs. To be considered for this role you will also need to demonstrate a wealth of experience of working in similar residential settings.
You will show a willingness to undertake a QCF (Qualifications credit frame work) Diploma for children and young people's workforce or are already holding an NVQ 3 working with children and young people in social care. You should possess sound knowledge and understanding of child and adolescent development particularly within a multi-cultural society. However, it will be your passion to make a real difference that will be critical to your success in this role.
If you are successful in your application for this role you will be required to work on a rota, covering 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.