The Success for All Education Trust
The Royal Liberty School
Upper Brentwood Road
Scale 4 Point 7-10
27.5 hours per week
Term time only, 39 weeks per year
Actual salary for above hours £14,991 - £15,814 (based on a full time equivalent of £22,995 - £24,258)
Reporting to - Cover Manager
The Cover Supervisor role provides cover for teaching staff where immediate, short term or unplanned cover is required when teaching staff are absent.
The role is to manage individuals, groups or whole classes either on their own or in the presence of teaching staff and/or Learning Facilitators. They will cover/supervise classes without the presence of a teacher where there is any planned or unplanned absence by teachers within the school.
The Cover Supervisor will not be responsible for any lesson planning, preparation of materials or resources. They are not responsible for evaluation or assessment of lessons or students. The Cover Supervisor will primarily be responsible for the maintenance of good order and focused activity. This requires behaviour management and interpersonal skills.
This role may suit a graduate who is thinking about training as a teacher, although this is not a requirement of the role. There may be some opportunities for individual or small group tutoring for the right candidate.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
● Cover/Supervise classes at short notice in the absence of a teacher for either planned or unplanned absence.
● Invigilate and supervise school examinations, tests and assessments.
● Supervise pupils on or off school premises in the context of trips, visits, concerts, assemblies.
● Manage pupils’ behaviour and discipline in accordance with school policies and procedures of the school and report back to appropriate staff regarding student behaviour and discipline.
● Describe and explain learning activities, answering queries, giving direction and assisting with differentiated tasks and materials.
● Complete registers and/or use the school’s attendance recording systems.
● Provide feedback, either orally or in writing, to teachers responsible for the activity that has been covered.
● Support students with the use of ICT.
● Participate in relevant training and development sessions.
● Work within the values, culture and ethos, equality and diversity of the school.
● Ensure compliance with Health and Safety law and school procedures, minimising any health and safety risk and security of the working environment.
The school expects their employees to work flexibly within the framework of the duties and responsibilities specified above. This means the post holder may be expected to carry out duties that are not specified within the job description at the discretion of the Line Manager.
Schools are subject to many policies and procedures. The post holder will be expected to familiarise themselves with these policies. These will be discussed during the induction and all post holders will have access to said policies.
The post holder will be part of a team and be expected to work collaboratively and support the team to deliver goals.
To apply, please visit our website www.sfaet.co.uk to download an application form which should be emailed to email@example.com or please apply online.
Closing Date: Monday 18th October 2021 - 12 noon.
Interviews will be held Wednesday 20th October 2021.