Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
We are recruiting passionate, knowledgeable, and professional Nursery Practitioners and Children Centre Workers to join our Child and Family Development service, working across Hillingdon Borough.
In both roles, you will be expected to assist in planning, delivering, and evaluating activities that support and encourage young children's learning and development.
Working with parents/carers and families will also be a key part of these roles. You will assist in providing a warm and welcoming environment to families and forge strong working relationships with them, offering appropriate support and assistance where needed. As a nursery practitioner, you will also review and record the children's development, sharing with the parents to encourage parental involvement in their children's learning.
We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced individuals, committed to supporting families and young children.
Successful applicants will have a recognised Early years or Childcare qualification at level two (minimum) and above. You should also have experience of planning and carrying out care, play and learning programmes for young children. Experience working with children and families from diverse backgrounds, with varying needs and abilities, would also be beneficial.
An excellent understanding of early childhood development, including the early years foundation stage, is essential.
Above all else, you must demonstrate a passion for working with young children and their families and be committed to child development and safeguarding.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
The Nursery Practitioner (Scale 4), Senior Nursery Practitioner (Scale 6) and Children's Centre Worker (Scale 3) posts are three separate opportunities. Please read through the attached job profiles to understand the difference between the posts. If you have a preference for which post you would like to be considered for, please make a note of this on your application.
Please note, the Nursery Practitioner posts are 36 hours per week, working condensed 9 hours a day. Part time hours are also available - please express on your application if you are only interested in part time hours.
Planned interview dates: Week commencing 25th October 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.