Salary: £48,078 to £61,497
X1 Permanent, Full time (36 hours) position
The London borough of Enfield is looking for a SEN manager to join a well-resourced and committed SEN team.
SEN is a statutory service providing support to children and young people with SEN who have an Education Health and Care Plan. We have 3,500 plans and a team of 15 SEN officers alongside 4 team-leaders you will be responsible for an: Assessment Team, Annual Review Team, Looked After and Vulnerable Team and a Post 14 team and 6 business support staff as well as project support, and a performance manager.
We have a good reputation as a service and recently had a positive Ofsted/CQC Covid 19 review. The service is well supported by, The Director of Education, Head of Service and the Heads of Service near to SEN, such as the Educational Psychology Service, Admissions, School Improvement and Children and Adult service leads.
We are a committed, responsible and caring service and are looking for a SEN manager that can build on the existing support:
- Legislative training and support to staff
- Support to our schools by reducing the admin burden and being responsive and respectful of their offer and support
- Developing the partnership with parents and young people
- Nurturing and growing the SEN team to be the next generation of SEN leaders.
- Improving performance, systems and structures
- Providing innovation and support to develop SEN to be progressive and to make sure our children and young people achieve their outcomes.
We are looking for a forward thinking, well rounded manager with excellent SEN experience who is skilled at supporting the SEN team. Someone who is good at presenting and encouraging performance and development across the partnership and someone who can stand up to the rigours of Inspection and the challenges of SEN with a degree of sensitivity, confidence and resilience.
In exchange we offer all the usual council benefits and training to develop you as a manager as well as a supportive and responsive People’s Department.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Thursday 14th October 2021
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Barbara Thurogood on 0208 132 1523 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.