Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Hillingdon Adult and Community Learning in their progression from Good to Outstanding.
This is an 18 hours per week part-time post.
Salary and annual leave entitlement will be pro-rated.
We are looking to recruit a part-time Tutor Co-ordinator to the following position:
Vocational Tutor Co-ordinator (part-time, 18 hours per week)
Responsible for developing, co-ordinating and maintaining high quality vocational teaching, learning and assessment within our centres throughout the borough and in community outreach settings, including some delivery. You should be fully qualified to teach within your vocational subject area and hold current Assessor/IQA qualifications. You will have good experience of supporting learners to help them achieve and progress and take a lead role in initial assessments and supporting the IQA process within a range of vocational areas.
You will have a strong track record of working with diverse groups of learners, with varying levels and needs. You must also be passionate about driving improvement and raising performance with clear ideas about how you would achieve this.
We are looking for individuals who are dynamic, motivated, and able to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team. You must be learner-centred, possess a "can-do" attitude, and strong organisational and teaching skills.
This post require some evening work and occasional weekend work. A full, clean Driving Licence and use of own vehicle at all times is essential for this role.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.