HEAD OF HR
Salary: WA Scale 5 SCP47 (£50,888) Pro-Rata
Hours: 08:00pm - 16:00pm (3 days a week (all year round) Days Negotiable)
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing date: 17th October 2021
“Education is Success”
An opportunity to work in the only non-private Academy in London that offers both International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes at KS5, who celebrate their multicultural staffing body, and value the experience they bring to Westminster Academy.
Westminster Academy is an Outstanding International Business and Enterprise academy serving a multi-ethnic community in Central London. This is also reflected in our diverse staff body of 172 members. This is an amazing opportunity to lead a great team of dedicated professionals and to demonstrate your skills in supporting Westminster Academy in remaining an outstanding employer of choice.
We are looking to appoint a qualified and experienced HR professional to join Westminster Academy. The successful candidate will manage two committed and collegial colleagues, and will be responsible for all HR activities, including employee recruitment and relations (including agency staffing), SCR maintenance, Performance Management process coordination for support staff. We are looking for a proactive and positive individual who understands the importance of effective HR systems and processes in an education setting, and who has a genuine interest in contributing to the success of young people. The appointee will report, and provide comprehensive HR support, to the Chief Operating Officer.
The ideal candidate for this post will need:
- To drive high standards of customer service care and deliver expert HR advice to all growing HR function and contribute to shaping its strategic direction
- To support and facilitate on the development and implementation of HR policy
- To be an experienced and inspiring leader, able to use your skills to develop your team
- To hold a level 5 or 7 CIPD
- To have a strong understanding of Employment Law
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A commitment to staff well-being, including access to the local gym, weekly fitness sessions, staff social events, Perkbox membership with associated benefits
- A supportive and engaged Senior Leadership Team
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with structured performance management.
- 25 days Annual Leave
- A Generous Pension
How to apply:
For further details and an application form, please click here: Vacancies
Please send your completed application form and confidential declaration to: firstname.lastname@example.org CVs are not acceptable.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.