Lead Chef (Permanent)
Term Time only, 38 weeks a year. Full time, 36 hours per week
The advertised annual salary is for full time work, 52 weeks per year. The position offered is 38 weeks per year and the actual salary will be adjusted proportionately.
Hourly rate: £13.39 to £14.64
It is an exciting time to join Enfield Catering! We are looking for keen foodies with a passion for being part of the noble endeavour of producing school lunches for children in the Borough of Enfield. Working with our kitchens and support teams to deliver high quality school meals that we can all be proud of.
Are you an experienced Chef, with passion for food? We are looking for a Lead Chef for our catering team that wants to strike a better work life balance, weekdays, no weekends and term time only. Working with school kitchen teams to develop skills the food offer and service standards across our provision.
Our lead chefs are responsible for developing the kitchen teams across the businesses, developing innovative seasonal menus that are launched across our school’s portfolio and striving to deliver the best school lunch across Enfield. We are looking for chefs with solid craft skills as well as be able to lead and train kitchen teams to work smarter and share knowledge and skills to better the teams themselves and the service.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax free bikes for work
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: 23:59 Wednesday 6 October 2021
Interview Date(s): Friday 15 October 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for this post.If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Scott Atkins on 0208 132 1307 or Scott.Atkins@enfield.gov.uk. If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Jamie Reid on 0208 132 3103 or Jamie.Reid@enfield.gov.uk.