Peabody has an exciting new opportunity for a Handyperson to join our team on a 7 month fixed term contract. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £27,000 - £30,000 per annum.
About the Handyperson role:
The Handyperson will be responsible for providing a technical support in the day to day facilities operations, by providing an efficient and effective. Support service to properties across the corporate estate. Taking a proactive and coordinated approach to the ensure the general upkeep, appearance and compliance of properties are maintained to a good standard.
They will work closely with, and report to, the Facilities Managers assuring at all times they reflect the values and standards of the Peabody Group.
Responsibilities of our Handyperson:
- Have excellent familiarity with the property portfolio, layout, usage and mechanical and electrical assets on sites
- Undertake minor items of repair and maintenance to the fabric of the buildings and minor repair of fixtures and fittings
- Responsible for undertaking planned preventative maintenance on site, including but not limited to proactive and reactive work
- Undertake weekly, biweekly and monthly statutory compliance tasks including water flushing and temperature testing and fire alarm bells/call point tests
- Carry out a full building inspection on a regular basis to ensure repair and maintenance tasks are identified and managed in a timely manner
- Assist with minor plumbing including unblocking sinks and drains etc
- Deal with minor electrical repairs and fixings
- Ensure all PAT testing and maintenance of all electrical equipment on site is in accordance with regulations
- Follow a proactive schedule of painting and decoration to ensure a good level of presentation of key sites
- Perform landscaping tasks to the external building to ensure upkeep is inline with presentation standard
- Log and actions service/reactive requests raised through the helpdesk, in a timely manner, working with in facilities service level agreements (SLAs)
- Support the management and closing out of compliance activity including FRA works
As our Handyperson, we are looking for:
- Preferably IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
- Statutory Building Compliance Courses i.e. C&G Legionella Awareness Training
- Emergency First Aid at Work or First Aid Certificate and Fire Marshall trained
- City & Guilds electrical and plumbing basic training skills
- A good understanding of statutory regulations and approved codes of practice (ACOP); Fire, Legionella, Asbestos, Gas, Electricity et al
- Experience of working in a similar role, supporting a property portfolio and several service lines within an Operations team
- A good understanding of health and Safety legislation
- Basic on the job electrical and plumbing skills
- High level IT skills (MS Office) and generally good technological awareness
Closing date: Thursday 30th September 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Handyperson, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST