Individual Needs Assistant
2 days a week at the Junior site- Monday and Tuesday (with MDSA duties)
To start immediately with a Y3 child
Paid weeks per year: Term Time, inclusive of holiday entitlement
Fixed term: Until 31st August 2022
Hertford Schools are vibrant schools, with a friendly, hardworking and supportive staff team. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and dedicated INA to work Mondays and Tuesday in a Year 3 class.
This is an exciting opportunity to undertake a challenging but varied and interesting role. The post holder will be under the direction of the Head of School for Inclusion.
About the role
Candidates will be able to provide evidence of:
- Minimum of NVQ2 qualification
- The role will require the post holder to facilitate the inclusion of a learner with multiple needs in our junior setting.
- increasing the pupil’s independence and enabling them to meet the outcomes on their EHCP
- A commitment to raising standards in all areas of school life
- Good understanding of child development and of how children learn
- Commitment to child-centred education
- Good numeracy/literacy skills
- Ability to relate to children and adults and works well in a team
- Ability to use other equipment technology – video, CPOMS, ipad
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- Has good organisational skills
- Promotes inclusion for all pupils
- Is calm and patient
- Is flexible and able to use own initiative
The hours will be 8.30am – 3.00pm Monday and Tuesday (with an hour of MDSA support)
Closing date: Midday, Friday 1st October
Interview date: Monday 4th October
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Lynchet Close, Brighton, BN1 7FP, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: (01273) 552931
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.