Inclusion Assistant - Level B (will involve MDSA duties)
To start October at the Infant site 8:30am – 1pm each day
Hertford Schools are vibrant schools, with a friendly, hardworking and supportive staff team. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and dedicated inclusion assistant to work across KS1.
Paid weeks per year: Term Time, inclusive of holiday entitlement
Fixed term: Until 31st August 2022
Start date: Beginning October 2021
About the role
Candidates will be able to provide evidence of:
- Minimum of NVQ2 qualification
- A commitment to raising standards in all areas of school life
- Good understanding of child development and of how children learn KS1
- Commitment to child-centred education
- Good numeracy/literacy skills
- Ability to relate to children and adults and works well in a team
- Ability to use other equipment technology – ipad
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- Work constructively as part of the inclusion team, understanding roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- Has good organisational skills
- Promotes inclusion for all pupils
- Has experience of the Just Right Programme
- Experience of working with additional needs
- Is calm and patient
- Is flexible and able to use own initiative
The hours will be 8.30am – 1pm (with an hour of MDSA support)
Closing date: Midday, Friday 1st October
Interview date: Tuesday 5th October
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Hertford Road, Brighton, BN1 7GF, email: MarkStevenson@hertfordinf.brighton-hove.sch.uk
School Office: (01273) 552931
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.